The little Christmas quiz...

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Jens wrote:Hmmpffff....

The one really interesting question hasn't been asket yet. And that with so few days to go.

J

Is it..."Why hasn't Santa got any children of his own?"

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 am

HE ONLY COMES ONCE A YEAR??????[/DID I fall into some thing here ????its too easy ] does it have to do with midgets and tubas???will I have to wrap it in Christmas paper????oooooohhhhhhh the pressure --Im not good with pressure!!!! ---Im going to lie down for a bit --do these jeans make look fat ????-- :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am

ardee_selby wrote:
Jens wrote:Hmmpffff....

The one really interesting question hasn't been asket yet. And that with so few days to go.

J

Is it..."Why hasn't Santa got any children of his own?"

Richard

That's a good question...
And I think Ed got the answer spot on. But there are far more interesting questions.
The answer to the most interesting one is given though.

J
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Here's a Lotus related question: who was the bearded chap who (briefly) appeared with the Lotus F1 team?
Just to cover my arse, this was not a bloke who grew a beard for a while, he sported this all the time he was there.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 am

elansprint71 wrote:Here's a Lotus related question: who was the bearded chap who (briefly) appeared with the Lotus F1 team?
Just to cover my arse, this was not a bloke who grew a beard for a while, he sported this all the time he was there.

Too hard?

Clue: there were two of him with every car.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Last edited by GrUmPyBoDgEr on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:33 pm

MacPherson?
Armstrong? - oh no, four of them
Strut?

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 pm

the blower brothers ---HI and LO ???

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:00 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Here's a Lotus related question: who was the bearded chap who (briefly) appeared with the Lotus F1 team?

Didn't John Watson have a beard in '74 (75?) when he drove in lieu of Jacky Ickx ?

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

ardee_selby wrote:

Didn't John Watson have a beard in '74 (75?) when he drove in lieu of Jacky Ickx ?

Cheers - Richard

Possibly, I can't remember when he shaved his orf, something about winning something, or something? :roll:

Not him, anyway. Think about sponsorship, don't think about green and yellow. As I said this was only a fleeting appearance.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Good one Pete, that was tricky!

HNY

Tim

PS Nice renewed avatar - again!
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeah, right...good one Pete! :evil:

After you "told" us the answer I've been trying to find out "who" the sailor was...NOT the name of his ship!
gold leaf box.jpg and

I came to the conclusion his name was "Higgs" and he was a Bo'sun.

(It appears a load of other guys are also looking for him! )

HNY my ar*e :wink:

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:46 pm

I thought that he had always been known as "Hero" (with the speech marks. Apologies to the Higgs family, if they are reading this; I think they live underground, in Switzerland). :wink:

So; I guess that I have to set another question.

Staying on a nautical theme, he said, whilst contemplating a slice of Navy cake, where on the Lotus Elan can the "golden rivet" be found?

I'll give you two clues- it's the one that holds everything together and you have to bend right over to find it. :roll:

Edit: More info on our Hero here:
http://www.aandc.org/research/navy_cut_hero.html
Geeks, eh?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:47 am

oooohhhh so you want be obtuse do ya??????welll what car is depicted in the CASC logo ????? -- :D :D :D --ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: