Most users ever online was 210 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm

So I look to see whats going on today and I glance at the bottom of the index page and see a new "most users online" and its today about 50 minutes ago. Then a I think that maybe something interesting is going on and I do a "View new posts"
and see the following since this morning when I was logged on to elan.net and see the following.

L/front S1 S2 clip needed in Wanted or Needed
Famous Frank Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Independent Inspection Recommendation in Elans
Type26s2 Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Anyone close to 36/5706?? in Elans
bluesbrother30 Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Coolant For Classic Cars V Silicone Hoses in Things in Common
nico Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Lotus Archives in Elans
bluesbrother30 Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:11 pm

damper for headlight vacuum system in Things in Common
martinbrowning Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Personalized and special number plates in Free Parking
types26/36/74 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:47 pm

How much extra is a TwinCam worth? in Plus 2
Iyarno Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm

1969 S4 DHC, s/n 8439 in Elan Gallery
abstamaria Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:24 am

Elan wiper motor removal. in Elans
nodbe Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:32 am

Looks like 10 replies or posts. So what were the rest of those 210 folks doing or is the server smoking something really really good?

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Gary,
I think it's mostly down to bored UK users who are snowed in. As per my PM to you a few days ago it's blooming freezing and most unseasonable all over the UK. My Friends in Scotland had another really bad day today with public transport, roads, railways and airports closed, the South of England has fared a little better, but we are back to icy blasts again for the rest of the week.

Today is officially the biggest internet shopping day of the year, so maybe after clicking on all those bargains people have come here to relax or maybe dream about their loved ones buying them an Elan for Christmas.

There was a Lotus 'CORTINA!!!' that finished today on Ebay that didn't make it's reserve (it went up to ?23,500 GBP) so it looks like you haven't been out shopping for me or if you did you were too cheap to bid high enough :lol:

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi Alan

Well boredom is what drove me to post the topic. It's been below freezing all day for the first time this season. I am sitting here listening to a "Hot Tuna" song "keep on trucking mama" and there's not a lot going on. Beau went swimming yesterday but I had to empty Beau's pool last night before it turned to a block of ice. The tide was high enough for him to swim in the salt marsh but with the wind it was to cold for me to toss the slime ball, but we went out in the marsh for a walk at low tide and I got a new deck chair thats been floating around for a couple of weeks. Is that what you mean about a shopping day? How's the amputated Coupe coming along? hope you get it running soon so that there is something to discuss this winter.

15 weeks til spring, god I hate winter...

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:16 am

Hi Gary,
The ETA for the Coupe Drophead is spring 2011 which is almost a year after starting up; it's sort of at the boring stage now where all the major hurdles have been overcome and all that has to be done is take it all apart (yes you read that right) so that the chassis can be painted, before putting it back together and uniting it with the body for the build. SMS will be painting the car at some stage.

A few teaser pictures below

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mark B » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 pm

I think I was lurking on here as usual yesterday, can't remember what if anything specific I was looking at though... :roll:

Alan, Had a nose at your car the other week when I was collecting the rest of my bits from spyder, it looks like it's coming along well. That engine is a tight squeeze!

cheers,
Mark.
Mark B
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 pm

garyeanderson wrote:I am sitting here listening to a "Hot Tuna" song "keep on trucking mama" and there's not a lot going on.

At least your Klipsch collection is being exercised!
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 am

Today is officially the biggest internet shopping day of the year, so maybe after clicking on all those bargains people have come here to relax or maybe dream about their loved ones buying them an Elan for Christmas.

- so I guess we can expect a sharp rise in the prices then??? :)

Gary - I just took my two Irish Sheepdogs for a swim in Sydney Harbour after a stinking 29 degree and humid day, I think a white Christmas sounds quite idyllic and I suspect as they lay spead out on the cold tile floor that your climate is more to their liking.

Wishing you all wherever you are a very safe and happy Christmas and festive new year

Gordon
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Russ

Yes the Klipschorn?s, Belle?s, Cornwall?s and all of the others are getting a regular thrashing. I don?t think the Elan is any louder but I can turn the volume down on the multiple receivers at any time, I have to pull to the side of the road and shut the engine off in the Elan to kill the volume. I may have to re-think the Supertrap and no sound deadening in the S2 if I really want to use it much next year. I found some history on ?Keep on truck?in mama? on google. Seems the song has bee around for quite a few years and many folks have done different renditions of it. here are some links.

History of the song with different artists and lyrics
http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=10436

Hot Tuna?s lyrics
http://www.harptab.com/lyrics/ly3530.shtml

Hi Gordon

29 C (84F) and humid is a bit oppressive, sounds like late July in New England. Beau will usually go under the back porch and dig a borough to lay in until we go out in the marsh for a swim (he swims, not me). This morning it?s a balmy 14 F (-10 C) and it looks like another slow day. The wind has died down so maybe Beau will go for a swim, not sure if I want to take him though. This Cold snap started on Sunday and I am hoping that the 3-week pattern that the weather seems to cycle in continues so that that white Christmas crap stays away. Being cold is one thing, being cold and miserable is another and when the snow comes early it makes for a long winter.
Attachments
extra bass please 1024.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: