Personalized and special number plates

How much would you spend on a personalized or special number plate?

whatever it costs
No votes
up to ?5000 (or equivalent)
No votes
up to ?1000 (or equivalent)
5%
up to ?100 (or equivalent)
24%
nothing but would like one
8%
couldn't care less about them
30%
I think personal number plates are Chav
32%

Total votes : 37

PostPost by: freddy22112211 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:53 am

Just happen to live in the one place in Germany where the first 2 letters that indicate the town are the same as the first 2 letters of my (4 letter) name. As you can choose the rest, we have our name on all our cars, and that at zero cost! 'Course I can't have ELAN XX however. For that I would have to live in Emsland that has the 2 letters EL. I suppose in Springe you could have SPR-IN 7.
Austria is a bit different, can have more than 2 letters, eg S-ELAN or S-ELANSPRINT5 (S for Salzburg - there's no E or L state).
Gordon
Last edited by freddy22112211 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddy22112211
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:15 am

Ive got another 4 letter name for you Gordon......it begins with C, along with others such as dishonourable, untrustworthy and many more that would get me banned from the site.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 am

Ouch!

Looks like maybe I shouldn't have dredged this thread up after all.

Carry on.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Leslie

Let's not mince our words,why don't you tell him exactly how you feel???

John :wink:
Last edited by john.p.clegg on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:How does one register their vote :oops:

That should be "How does one register his vote" - on a correct grammar crusade recently. It would otherwise mean registering someone else's vote! 8)
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: SADLOTUS » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Four letter word beginning with c

mmm....cool?

...no probably not.
SADLOTUS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:40 pm

No Jim, you done well. People need to know just what type of creatures are out there in Lotusland. Fortunately not too many like Gordon, there are some people who can actually keep their word in a deal. And JC, I did tell him, he knows.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Due to renewed interest :lol: I have reopened the poll and it also allows you to change your vote if you have already voted.......well I think I have done it?
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 pm

512BB wrote:Ive got another 4 letter name for you Gordon......it begins with C, along with others such as dishonourable, untrustworthy and many more that would get me banned from the site.

Leslie

Ah so, Gordon has broken some golden rule somewhere?
I don't see it, why be so rude?
Care to explain?
Where's the shaking Head Smiley :roll:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Looked a bit harsh to me too! If it is an issue between the two surely it should have been done by PM. :?
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes DJ, the golden rule that A MANS WORD IS HIS BOND. If i give my word on a deal, no matter what, then thats it, full stop, but not in Gordons case. I shall let him fill you in, should he care to. But remember Gordy, I shall be watching, and I still have all your emails.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm

So the grammar policy police are going to prowl the prose of the pundits of LotusElan.Net?

Why do we not start by revising "couldn't care less about them" with "could not care about them"?

But realistically, not going to happen. We have a wide range of people here, many of whom do not have English (even British or US English) as their primary language, and grammar is never the top of the list of most peoples concerns.

At work, I review all the written words that emanate from the company but have worked with so many nationalities that I can determine what a person means to say even if they cannot express it precisely.

So let us cut every body some slack.

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:32 pm

512BB wrote:Yes DJ, the golden rule that A MANS WORD IS HIS BOND. If i give my word on a deal, no matter what, then thats it, full stop, but not in Gordons case. I shall let him fill you in, should he care to. But remember Gordy, I shall be watching, and I still have all your emails.

Leslie

Well it appears that you have grudge & IMHO that's something to deal with privately.
An open Forum's not really the right place is it?
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:39 pm

types26/36/74 wrote:Due to renewed interest :lol: I have reopened the poll and it also allows you to change your vote if you have already voted.......well I think I have done it?

It worked for me; I voted.

Admittedly, personalzed plates (usually termed vanity plates over here) are not for everyone, but to me they signify that I have a bit more of a personal relationship with my mode of transportation. That said, I usual go for something other than a direct identification of the vehicle, which would be apparent upon routine identification.

I like plates that say something about the vehicle in an indirect or humorous way. Hence the examples I provided.

Anyone figured out the significance of the Elan plate? Does anyone care? Hello . . . hello . . . is this thing on?

Testing. . . testing . . . 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . :D
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:58 pm

I certainly dont bare any grudge DJ. I see it more as carrying out a public service, as a warning to others, that this creature could not keep his word if his life depended on it. So a PM would not hardly warn others, would it.

Anyway, back to the poll.......over to you Brian

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: