Jim Clark - The Quiet Champion

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 am

Eric, it is my understanding that Mark Stewart Productions will be making all their films - The Jackie Stewart one; the Grhama Hill one & the Jim Clark one, available on DVD for purchase at a later date. If you browse the Nostalgia forum on www.autosport.com (about a month or two ago) there may be more info.

Richard.
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 am

Thank you Mark, and Richard.

I've watched the show now after linking to the

http://gglotus.org/blog/?p=261

site here in the US.

It was wonderful to see the old footage and interviews. Another show is in order! He was such a talented guy and the stories can go on and on. I read where the mechanics would change his tires after two or three F1 races, not because they were worn out yet, but it became embarrassing for his teamates who'd worn theirs out in less than one race.
I got to "meet" him a few times at Indy, I remember it well, me, a very young teenager, twelve years old the first time, asking him for an autograph, year after year, he and Colin were both polite and very approachable, it was great.
I seldom think, What If, but in Jimmy's case, what if... Indy was his. F1 was his... he could've retired and won Le Mans from his easy chair.
Do any of you guys have any memories, have you seen him race?

Eric
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:20 pm

For anyone who missed it the first time round, Jim Clark: The Quiet Champion is on BBC 4 Tuesday morning nice and early at 1.30am. Jackie Stewart: The Flying Scotsman on before that at 11.00 pm Monday evening and then Graham Hill: Driven at 12.30am Tuesday.
Ben
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: quaybook » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:18 am

Ben - thanks so much for the tip, I managed to record both Jimmy and our Englishman. Brilliant!
Vernon
Elan S2 26/5614
Alfa Romeo Alfetta Berlina 1974
Westfield 7SE
quaybook
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: