LOOKING to BUY The Small (TW) TOOL KIT WRENCH & BAG

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:33 am

Willing to BUY the smallest 'ORIGINAL" "ONLY" (TW) brand wrench with some original factory Black paint (as seen here); and a couple of factory drips on it would also be great and or as best that anyone can find; but not abused at the ends etc., as per in my other 100% 'ORIGINAL' (try me if you say it's not/because it is); 1960's 70's Elan, Seven, Europa Etc., SET.
Note: I have seen almost a dozen different variations of this kit in sizes etc., and shapes of the tools Chapman put in each cars tool bag (SEE original late 60's Eland and Europa etc., up to 73 factory image showing the correct original placement); that I have also pictured here. I would like to buy a # 5 : )
Yes I put the tube wrench etc., in a different location (because that is the way all the tools were placed when I got this kit); which was a BARN FIND TYPE ITEM; kept unknown to all mankind stuffed in the back deepest corner or a crazy old Lotus collectors private garage; as per in dry indoor storage hidden for over 30 years and some of these/the tools in there were actually never ever used at all ever from new!

PLUS: I would like to buy (if and with any help here on international Lotus dot net); an 'original' or EXACT repro textured holding bag (as pictured here).
Thanks Jay
Handle (Knadoo 1)
Attachments
!Bf l l 60_Y_Lw7.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_b.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_Lw2.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_Lw1.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_Lw3.jpg and
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:36 pm

Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:15 pm

elanfan1 wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-USED-TW-SUPERSLIM-DOUBLE-OPEN-ENDED-SPANNER-WRENCH-32-27mm-AUTO-TOOL-KIT/115554331900?hash=item1ae7932cfc:g:M8QAAOSwOKpg9EJJ&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA8NjtzVBKNgXOyAKQq/Wy1Ml+XIEGvRNUoZZHD9UNwjmua1DTb0c5lrinfhfeXevWmwXaLc/sVfyJDX3mTmoDyfbMLPiK18pomn4gXAz9jwb8//UA5PGseO7rr49RMyDThYhIo7BB9pZKCbb3bF4B0p0jn6m5HvfLqymaCIHkftr5fiY9kj7RuOYk6WPLap9FOUpozqbcksh3QFeL+5VUJY7lqKaQ5JQ5VZNPazC0IcnEu+L9uO0kMCQeEG7tNOpxfIlXcQV8509C4NndPMcc5+A7ti0OnUswFrXNyCKi38mJc3+Lhkr1g5ZmWxb3+GxRTQ==%7Ctkp:BFBM0LXTu_Zg&pageci=0e55cc34-0b48-4813-82e1-9f76b09d5159&redirect=mobile

You’re being sarcaustic… the small spanner is 2ba/4ba I think…

Google Liverpool motor works; they make replacement tool rolls…
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:22 pm

Must have copied the wrong item they’re always available.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:30 am

While I have the original 2 x 4 BA toolkit spanner in black, the Lotus Parts Manual actually describes it as being "Nickel Plated" and not black although in another Lotus Manual the colour is not defined.
Attachments
t k.JPG and
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:59 am

Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TonyA » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:27 pm

I am.also looking for a good repro of the tool roll for my plus2.I have the original bag fir the jack..anyone know wether the tool toll is made of the same stuff as the jack bag..?
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:52 pm

Nope: Nobody here got naddaaa....
Mostly just invalidations, some worth 'not very much' less thought out retorts, and links to wild goose chases.
If you find what we need please let me know.
Yours Kandoo1 : )
Yes worldwide is ok to find it.
USA finds will be cheaper due to extremely high (now-a-days) international shipping costs.
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:01 pm

kandoo1 wrote:Nope: Nobody here got naddaaa....
Mostly just invalidations, some worth 'not very much' less thought out retorts, and links to wild goose chases.
If you find what we need please let me know.
Yours Kandoo1 : )
Yes worldwide is ok to find it.
USA finds will be cheaper due to extremely high (now-a-days) international shipping costs.

Translation anyone? :lol:

PS: is your Elan so complete and original that a spanner and tool roll will make it perfect? Just curious, really genuinely not mocking.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:28 pm

To: Alan.
'Answer' yes
Kandoo1

PS: 100% original paint, original keys and leather key fob, original owner's manual; 100% of all the original interior, original soft top and rear horizontal instruction stick on rear deck panel sticker, original paint on soft top frame, original boot cover and tonneau, California car from new, original data plates and documentation and it's original to the car's Black & Yellow 3 number and 3 letter CA license plates, original ID# on the block; never hit, no rust anywhere in frame, 100% original paint on frame, original excellently working jack with it's first original paint on it and original knock off hammer and SE wheels knock-off wrench etc., etc. bla, bla, bla, bla, bla...

So 'yes' the car warrants what I was initially looking for in a tool kit; but then gave up, as I don't need a perfect tool kit such as the one I listed; (as my car will never be shown or judged is all).
Therefore: If I can complete my second kit that will do me fine.
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:37 pm

Respect! :D

Damn that spell check….. :mrgreen:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:47 pm

Heck: I wrote a LOOKING to SELL my EXCELLENT OMPLETE 'ORIGINAL' TOOL ROLL rant...
And it appears that never got posted.
Or I can't find it anywhere. :?

Therefore: Now after my search in vain for the bag and the 2-BA/4-BA smallest wrench; as (nothing so far came about) from my WANTING to BUY rant; I made a huge in the post I constructed a few days ago effort to let the Lotus.net people know that I'm willing to SELL MY EXCELLENT 100% original tool roll and all it's 100% original tools (as per my PHOTO's) I listed of that kit weeks ago (plus; I have 20 more photo's if anybody serious cares); to someone who is savvy enough to understand and comprehend real original stuff regarding what I have here and is willing to cough up a decent offer.

As I wrote before 'Bring it on'
Kandoo1

I really don't want to eBay this amazing set. : (
Attachments
!Bf l l 60_Y_fcl4.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_fcl7nw.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_hNw.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_hNw2.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_fB.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_d.jpg and
!Bf l l 60_Y_a.jpg and
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:37 pm

There's a set here if you want...only £225...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125554367068 ... SwwcZiCSdU

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:02 pm

kandoo1 wrote:Therefore: Now after my search in vain for the bag and the 2-BA/4-BA smallest wrench; (

I don't know what you're expecting... I told you to google "Liverpool Motor Works", where you can buy a tool roll & Steve (Elanfan1) gave you a link to the ebay 2ba/4ba wrench...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kandoo1 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:51 pm

Top of the Afternoon to you Phil.
Thanks for continuing to be there helping.
Yes: Elanfan1 did give me the link to a 2-BA/4-BA (But it was junk). And I PM'd him to thank him for the effort.

Yes: You were excellently helpful' : ) about Liverpool Motor Works : ) call me old fashioned but the bag is ok (but the outside finish is claiming to be emulsion backed; but in the pic's it appears no so) or is a soft jute type finish which would attract all kinds of dirt, grime etc. (but I will buy that and ship it here to USA if I'm lost on source). So THANK YOU
Yours Kandoo 1
kandoo1
First Gear
First Gear

Next

Total Online: