Geometry set Up

PostPost by: mark030358 » Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:57 pm

Hi all,
I just read a thread (minutes ago) where someone asked for copies of pages from the +2 pages manual, these being for the rear suspension.

This got me to thinking about weight, which I will come to in a moment. When I had my geometry set up on my two seater Elan. I sat in the car with some fuel (can't remember how much) and no passenger. The ride height was set to give a certain camber for the front and rear suspensions and the ride height just ended up where ever it ended up after adjustment. I did have adjustable perches to facilitate this. Also the front and rear tracks were also set and the car was super stable afterards.

Now what got me thinking is that the Elan manual says load the car up along the centre line until the heights at various parts of the chassis are at a certain height, but this is for non adjustable perches and gives no weight.

So, what weights should actually be used to ballast the car and placed where, for adjustable and non adjustable suspension as I can find no reference?

cheers
Mark
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: