+2 Steel Wheels

PostPost by: david.g.chapman » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:26 pm

I have a problem with the original steel wheels on my +2. When spinning them, the front wheels are buckled (have run-out) to about 2 mm.
The rear wheels are worse, and are buckled to about 5 mm. I used to have one of the rears on the front, and it was impossible to eliminate steering wheel vibration, even with balancing on the car. Since moving the worst wheels to the back, things have improved, but the shift in vibration to the back can be felt at high speeds

The "frequency" of buckling is once per revolution, and the local tyre dealers cannot fix this.

I am therefore looking to replace these worst two wheels, so does anyone want to sell a couple to me? as long as the run-out is less then 1-2mm, with no cracks, hole elongation etc., I will consider them. They have to be the +2 width, though.

I live in Essex, England, but am willing to travel within reason.

Dave Chapman.
david.g.chapman
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: +2 Bloke » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 pm

I was wondering if you managed to come across any replacement steel wheels for the +2 as I have the same problem. I've moved the worst ones to the rear which reduces the vibes on the steering wheel, but as you say the vibration from the back at speed is still unbearable, especially on a long run.

If anyone can help with a source of wheels I'd be grateful.

Graham...
+2 Bloke
New-tral

Total Online: