Plus 2 dual servo

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi

I have in my plus 2 the dual system with 2 servos. There are original Girling. Outside there are rosty and bad aperience. What is the best choice to rebuild them or to buy the Loockheed type. Is there any difference between Girling and Loockheed?
If I buy the Loockheed I will have problems in the mounting because the Loockheed is larger?
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:05 am

In my experience the Lockheed is inferior to the original Girling so I would retain that if possible. The problem is that a lot of the Girling units are now too badly corroded internally to refurbish but you will only find that out after you have sent it away and whoever you use has dismantled it. Unless you are doing it yourself of course; I have seen rebuild kits available.

The Lockheed unit will fit fine, just not in the same place as originally. I have seen them stuck in a variety of places but mine is bolted to an adaptor plate bolted to the original Girling bracket.

If you do get a Lockheed, you may find this useful:
Attachments
RemoteServo.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 525 times
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vxah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 am

I had my Girling Mk2b re-built and they re-sleeved the cylinder with a stainless steel insert, so even a corroded bore is not quite the end!
vxah
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: