Advice on brake problem please

PostPost by: Cas » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Has anyone have advice on my brake fault " my +2 stops in a straight line hands free
Only thing is it's like a switch on or off brakes . I don't have to pump them up ' but if in traffic creeping along the pedal comes alive at half travel , is there some sort of bias valve in the servo . I see there's the pipe from master cylinder to servo but only one pipe doing all four brakes . Sort of thought there might be a load ajust valve on rear some where .
Thanks in advance Cas .
Cas
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Hawksfield » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Cas

Lucky you it seems everyone with a +2 wants that :lol:
John

+2s130 1971
Hawksfield
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Cas » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Laugh' thinking about it perfect for the track .
Cas
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:47 am

what servo do you have - potentially you have had one fitted with to much boost ratio. The original plus 2 booster gave a light brake pedal but it was not on / off like you describe. There is a control valve inside the servo that maintains the boost ratio at as constant as more pedal pressure is applied if this is sticking you can get the on / off brake response.

regards
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hawksfield » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Cas

Do have a Girling MK11B as the control piston can stick on this type. I had a similar problem that was caused by the primary control valve seal that was too big, from a non Girling supplier on fitting the correct size all was fine.

Has yours been rebuilt recently or standing idle for a long time.
John

+2s130 1971
Hawksfield
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Cas » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:02 am

I will check the servo numbers see what I have " seems as brakes bed in its getting worse, so now number 1 on my to do list of little niggles . As I said in my first post on here ' my + 2 is new to me so still learning about them .
But thanks very much for advice
Cas .
Cas
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Cas » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi all ' just a update on my brake fault , bleed the brakes today using a vacuum thing I have ' at first couldn't get any fluid from rears so pumped the peddle a few times there was presure at first then the peddle went to floor . So I guess something in the servo was stuck/sticking . Anyway bleed as normal took out to try and still not right but a bit more progressive . Strange thing though at one point the brake pedal was forced back up against me pushing it down . Haven't had that before only happen once though .
So I think I'll remove servo for now and plumb straight to the t/piece then sort servo out
Give that a try . I'll keep you posted .
The servo has girling 5/8 on it can't see any thing else in situ "
Cas .
Cas
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: