Handbrake dimensions

PostPost by: jerryh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 am

Hi

Hope someone can help I have a Cortina umbrella handbrake and I need to convert it to fit my S3, what I'm after is the dimension for the position of the bracket that bolts up through the body this is an early white button handbrake.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Jerry
jerryh
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:50 pm

handbrake.jpg and
handbrake 001.jpg and
Hi Jerry,
My handbrake is this type.
The fixing screw is15mm forward of the flat surface which the bonnet catches are fixed to.
It is 12mm outboard from the end of the flat surface. That is just as it starts to curve.
The accelerator cable is 14mm further outboard and of course that lines up with the accelerator pedal inside.
Hope this helps
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jerryh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:29 am

Hi Eric
Many thanks for the reply it's most helpful but not sure if you could give me another dimension if you get a chance, I'm after the position of the bracket on the outer casing of the handbrake mechanism from the top to the centre of the bracket which bolts through bulkhead.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry
jerryh
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:22 am

Jerry,
I see what you need now. That dimension is 107mm. centre of bracket to top(rear) end of square tube. My bracket is welded on to the tube.
Let me know if I can help any more.
Eric in Burnley
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jerryh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 am

Eric

That's just what I was after, I've got the Cortina handbrake with different brackets on which I've now removed but need to fabricate the necessary bracket and the bottom pinch bolt connection as well, thanks for taking the time to give me the information its most appreciated.

Cheers

Jerry
jerryh
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33 pm

You're welcome
eric
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: