Break problems

PostPost by: micky p » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:32 am

I have just bought a 69 Elan SE love the car , but the breaks seam to have no feel when pressed then all the power come in , they do work well and pull up straight ,
The car has had a total rebuild by Listers at Trowbridge so i think its right but i have here'd that the two types of servo you can use may be the problem , any ideas
Also has any one heard of Listers and are there car done well it does look nice
micky p
New-tral

PostPost by: billwill » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:27 am

micky p wrote:I have just bought a 69 Elan SE love the car , but the brakes seem to have no feel when pressed then all the power comes in; they do work well and pull up straight ,
The car has had a total rebuild by Listers at Trowbridge so I think it's right but i have heard that the two types of servo you can use may be the problem , any ideas?
Also has any one heard of Listers and are their cars done well ? It does look nice

It does sound like a servo problem.

I regret I have never hear of Listers at Trowbridge and they do not seem to have any presence on the Internet.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:15 pm

i think i have heard of listers and if you have a brake problem with the servo remember that the Elan and the +2 do not use the same servo ratio :mrgreen:
Alan.B
alan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: