No more high front end

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:46 pm

:D At last I am happy with the look of my Elan as the front-up look has gone. :D

I?ve just completed fitting TTR front shocks, which as promised, dropped the front end down almost 1?.

The car now looks exactly as it should. I have not yet tried it out as it is pissisting down with rain, and I don?t want to get the shiny new bits wet. (The real reason is the hood is not fitted).

Next step is the rear shocks with smaller springs that will allow me to fit wider alloys. Although this will now have to wait until I return from getting some Florida winter sunshine.

Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint)
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 am

Brian---you should check out the Florida Lotus groups ====FLOG --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: type36lotus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:47 am

Today, mid 70f, blue skies, light breeze. Perfect. Going Kayaking tomorrow first thing in the morning. Should be another perfect day.
Mike Geiger
66 S3 Coupe', no more :-(
type36lotus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Brian it looks so much better doesn't it beware on first drive i tightened wishbones with suspension loaded but front end still drops after a couple of mile drive & exhaust will catch on a bumpy road. Works very well once set up though.
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:12 pm

Took the car for a short 10 mile blast this morning and the front end feels a lot better ? or maybe I?m just kidding myself.

The loaded suspension had the lower wishbones not quite horizontal with the ground, and as Ian suggested, I did expect some bedding-in on driving. With the car now backed into the garage I can see the lower wishbones nicely horizontal with the ground ? as per the manual.

So, before we go on vacation, I shall spend the odd half hour over the next few days stripping down the rear suspension for what will be a much bigger job than the front. I plan to remove the diff to cure a little oil leak that has annoyed me for some time.

So if anyone has useful tips ? let?s hear them now, please.

Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint)
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: