S3 alloy wheels

PostPost by: ttaunton » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:17 pm

What are my options for replacement wheels for a standard KO S3?
Are there any alloys made that will fit with no modifications to the bodywork?

Tony
ttaunton
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Minilite's , Panasport's (US copies of Minilite pattern), Revolution's (4 branchs , rare but cool). All in 5" max. with the right offset.
I have the Minilite's with no mods.
Christian.
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jolly Jumper » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:18 pm

I also have the Minilites; I bought them at Tony Thompson. Very good service there.

And this has been the best modifcation I have done to the car, it is totally transformed. :P The original steel wheels were worn out; you could not drive the car above 60 mph because of the wobbly wheels. Now it's great, the Elan cruises at 80mph like it never did before. :D
Jolly Jumper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ttaunton » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Jolly Jumper
Interested to hear about the Tony Thompson ones. Do they take 145 tyres and fit an S3 without any mods to anything?
What about the centre lock adaptor?

cheers

Tony Taunton
ttaunton
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bill308 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Tony,

I have no experience with the Minilite wheels, only the Panasports, 13x5. I currently have 165x70-13 tires fitted on my S2.

The wheels are very nice and very true. They are also fitted with a stainless center collar for knock-ons. They are one of the best mods I made to my car. I don't know how they compare with Minilites from a weight perspective though. I highly recommend alloys verses steel.

Bill
bill308
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jolly Jumper » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:20 am

ttaunton wrote:Jolly Jumper
Interested to hear about the Tony Thompson ones. Do they take 145 tyres and fit an S3 without any mods to anything?

cheers

Tony Taunton

Tony Thompson sells Minilite Wheels in 5 inch width. They fitted my S4 perfectly. I run Michelin 155XAS on them. These wheels are available in two different offsets which will bring the wheel either closer to the chassis or closer to the wheelarch. Which one is best for you I don't know. I suggest you speak to Tony Thompson, they are very knowledgeable.

Also, see the posting of Old English White above, he says with regard to his S3: "I have the Minilite's with no mods. "
Jolly Jumper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 pm

Jolly Jumper wrote:
ttaunton wrote:Jolly Jumper

cheers

Tony Taunton

Tony Thompson sells Minilite Wheels in 5 inch width. They fitted my S4 perfectly. I run Michelin 155XAS on them. These wheels are available in two different offsets which will bring the wheel either closer to the chassis or closer to the wheelarch. Which one is best for you I don't know. I suggest you speak to Tony Thompson, they are very knowledgeable.

Also, see the posting of Old English White above, he says with regard to his S3: "I have the Minilite's with no mods. "

Tony ,
As JJumper said , I put Minilite's from Minlite GB(all dimension from 4.5" to 6.5" , half inch by half inch , Lotus drive peg ... )on "OEW" ... With no mods on the bodywork ... But , at the rear ...
As the aluminium wheels are larger(5" instead of 4.5") and because of thickness of the cast rim , I had to play(gently) with the file on "A" rear arms and put spacers(3.5mm) .
This allow me to use 165/65 R13 from Dunlop , but I'am still thinking on XAS ff from Michelin, "la cr?me de la cr?me" for the Elan .
Christian.
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: