Long front inner top wishbone bolt

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:23 pm

How do I get this out?

Whether I draw it forward or to the rear, it fouls the inner bulkhead. As it stands, I'd have to cut a slot and then re-fibreglass it.

I actually don't have to renew it, but if this situation is correct, then it's another item that must be in place before the body is fixed to the chassis?

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:20 pm

Stuart, I presume you're referring to the rear wishbone, since the front arms are on studs but the rear doesn't have an upper. I think you mean the front frame mounting of the wishbone which, if the bolt was put in without forethought, then, yes, its 'captured' and you're stuck. You'll have to cut the bolt out and the new one will then slide in from the rear. There might be some tricks out there from those who have been through it but I refreshed all of mine with the body off and knew to put the bolts in from the rear and have had the arm off numerous times with out problems.

Greg Z
'72 Sprint
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:31 am

Greg,

Thanks. I'm referring to the bolt that holds the upper wishbones to the chassis, on the front nearside.

Actually it's a 'headless' bolt with nylocs each end. The nylocs are now undone and the wishbones removed.

Whichever way you try to remove the bolt, it hits the inner wing fibreglass.
You just cannot simply withdraw it !

BTW, this is on an early Spyder chassis.

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:50 am

This is the same as my S4 with an early Spyder chasis. The only way to remove this bolt woth out taking off the body is to cut a hole in the body.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: