Third Gear

PostPost by: Graham B » Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:14 pm

But it was there yesterday!!!!!!!
Gone now!!!
Graham B
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:34 pm

I post it again...for the second time! ...and Tony posted it originally.
Click on this link:-
https://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/minilite.htm

The above link works fine for me.

Alan
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: draenog » Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:39 pm

See my earlier post. The web site is closed. What you are seeing is a cached page.
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: draenog » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:44 pm

Capture of the winding down announcement. Seems it didn't take long after this to complete closure!

https://web.archive.org/web/20240813193516/https://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/mk1_index.htm

Announcement.

When I started the MK1 Performance Conversions site back in 1997, there was practically no information about early Mini’s available anywhere on the internet & any archives that people held were invariably private & inaccessible to most fans. Back then, I felt that the MK1 Site & in later times the forum played a huge part in the popularisation of these early cars. They have certainly become more & more popular, sought after & sadly more valuable over the last 25 years or so. We are now inundated with Facebook Groups, Web sites & all sorts of other Internet & social media platforms & resources dedicated to the subject. I no longer feel that this site has much of a role to play.

I have therefore decided that over the next months I am going to begin to reduce the size & scope of the MK1 Performance Conversions web site, with the ultimate aim of winding it up sometime in the future. I will be leaving the most popular sections untouched in the meantime, but unless I come across anything of spectacular interest, I will not be adding new material.

I would be lying if I said that this decision has been an easy one, but I feel that the time is probably coming when the resource that I have offered here is no longer relevant, and plodding on regardless seems futile to say the least.

Thank you, Mark F

(30.07.2024)
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tonyabacus » Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:21 pm

Further investigation of the website brought up a note from the originator that he is handing the site over to someone else, which may answer why it is now closed. However it may take a while to do the handover, so for those interested in some of the other informative information on the site keep a check for the new site.

I did manage to get a copy of the Tech Del info before it closed which I will attempt to upload here, however we are talking copies of copies so some detail is blurred, especially the data referring to inset/offset, but the increments down the left hand side are in 1/8th of an inch. I remember this as the brochure handed out by Tech Del when I purchased wheels from them in the 1960's, so the files are quite large. Hope this will be useful to Alan and others
Tony
Attachments
Tech Del Wheels 12.doc
(76 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Tech Del Wheel 11.doc
(437.5 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Tech Del Wheels 15.doc
(62.5 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Tech Del Wheels 14.doc
(91 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Tech Del Wheels 13.doc
(54 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
tonyabacus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:07 pm

Thanks Tony,

All useful stuff to keep on file.

Alan.
Alan
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:50 am

Ok..To try and get this thread back to where it started with some basics and forget offset/backspace for the moment...

Is there anyone on here who has purchased new wheels, of whatever make, and from wherever, recently for a +2 (+2 only please) and what size wheel, 13 or 14 inch?.......what width 5.5J or 6J?.....and what size tyres are you using?....also is this on a standard or 2.25inch rear spring setup?

Thanks,

Alan.
Alan
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: