Small springs and short shocks???

PostPost by: nmauduit » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:51 pm

bitsobrits wrote:The stock rear springs were something like 78 lbs/inch, so 80 is not too stiff at all.

78 lbs/in for plus2s? I believe the manual states for 2 seaters a rate of 67.5 lbs/in
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pm

Thanks for the comeback Steve and others. I have sourced some12" 80# springs now. Still in the cut and try mode. Not the springs though. :) Everyone suggests 100+# springs so I am probably wrong on that.

Now, the shocks!

In a quandary whether to take apart a pair of perfectly good Koni inserts and extend the stop. Make my own droop limiting inserts. I have disassembled some shot Koni's and they have a stop that I think could be easily lengthened. Unfortuneatly my TIG abilities are not what they used to be. Shock recommendations??

Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:10 pm

BTW, I sourced the spring perches that Bud sourced and so am running 2.5" ID springs as opposed to the industry standard of 2.25" ID springs. The idea of just buying the springs that are offered is out, I think. Really like Buds suggested perches. Going to locate them low and if they end up too low I can always add spacers beneath them. Won't solidly locate them until they are where I like them.

Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: