+2 Fuel tank Banjo Bolt size

PostPost by: mbell » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:53 pm

Hi,

I am considering upgrading my electric fuel pump setup due to mixtures leaning out at high revs, after longer periods of hard acceleration (aka low fuel level in carbs).

As part of this plan to move the electric pump to the rear of the car and redirect the fuel tank connection to the pump. This likely means changing the banjo setup as it comes out of the tank.

Does anyone know the size information for it? So:
- Tank outlet thread size/type
- Banjo ID, OD
- Banjo to fuel lines thread size/type

(Its a lot of messing to get the parts out to measure up myself.)

Thanks,

Mark
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:50 pm

If you are still struggling for the info let me know and I’ll check, I have a spare as I had loads of trouble with sealing the banjo fitting, so have a spare somewhere I can check. Eventually found the problem to be the hole the pipe fitted into was oversize and let the pipe and olive cockle over to one side. Only found it after trying copper, fibre and aluminium sealing washers to no avail, trying a new banjo bolt and finally changing the banjo itself. Doh!
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:57 am

Thanks but no need to inconvenience yourself.

I went under the car and attempted to measure it. I failed due to limited space/access and decided that it meant it probably wasn't a good idea to fit the pump under there due to limited space and poor access.

So fitted the new pump and regulator in the engine bay where the old pump was. Just waiting for chance to test drive it.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: