Fuel Injection Kits

PostPost by: Quebec_Elan+2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:39 am

Hi everyone,

Me and my father are actually planning to convert our Weber Head Twink engine to fuel injection.

I've read on this forum some really good comments on the Emerald m3d kit (here below) :

https://www.emeraldm3d.com/engine-manag ... gines.html

I've recently tried many times to communicate with them by email and on facebook but without any results.

Do someone from this group knows what is their current situation? Are they still in business?

I thank you all very much in advance.
Quebec_Elan+2
New-tral

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Very much in business!

I can assure you that their quietness does not portray their customer appreciation - as I know them - after about my fourth Emerald installation - to be the most friendly and helpful enterprise around. Having said that I know their philosophy is to be all things to all men, and with spiralling overhead costs for us all, I just wonder how long they can keep it up. I know they will try though.

Much better to call them - 0044 1953 889 110. Leoni, who holds it all together, will give you every assistance you need. I promise!

I hope you are not just stopping at fuel injection, but also planning distributerless ignition?
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:49 pm

Purely out of interest what would be the approximate cost to convert a Weber engined twink to Injection?
I can't see me ever wanting do it but curiosity leads me to ask the question.

Thanks,

Alan
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Like everything, it’s all down to quality. An Emerald K6 with basic maps, Jenvey bodies, Bosch injectors and Sytec delivery - probably no change out of 3000GBP, and add a bit depending on quality of installation.
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:04 pm

Thanks for that insight...
Not a cheap option is it!.... :shock:

Alan
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:10 pm

No, if cheap is the raison d’etre, not to be entertained.
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:38 pm

I used a kit from QED. Been on the cars for years now. It is excellent. David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: greg40green » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:04 pm

DANST engineering , Yorkshire .
Ask to speak with Dan direct , They have their own machine shop , rolling road and is really enthusiastic.
They do the full kit , not like all the others who don't quote for a trigger wheel , petrol tank, fuel pump ( can fit all this in the petrol tank ) regulator to the side of tank etc , which is all additional cost regards fabrication and ali welding .

They are also working on a Stromberg TC head injection, which I believe is at the testing stage.
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Quebec_Elan+2 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:48 am

Thanks everyone for your repplies.

By the way I was able to establish communication with them, through their Facebook page.

I'll let you know how things move forward.

By the way, if some of you wants to show picture of their actual fuel injection setup, please do so :).

Regards
Quebec_Elan+2
New-tral

PostPost by: HCA » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:56 pm

Using Jenvey bodies, Bosch injectors and Sytec pressure regulator. Fuel pump is inside the tank.

IMG_3031.jpeg and

IMG_3032.jpeg and
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanman999 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:49 pm

alanr wrote:Thanks for that insight...
Not a cheap option is it!.... :shock:
Alan

No, but it is worth it, just so much more driveable. I converted my Elan over nine years ago, best thing I ever did to the car.
I'm using K6 (other ECU's are available) and Jenvey's with swirl pot in the boot, fuel PR infront of the radiator.

HCA that's a very nice engine bay.

A couple of pics of mine.
DSC03034rs.jpg and

P1040609rs.jpg and
elanman999
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:43 pm

HCA wrote:Using Jenvey bodies, Bosch injectors and Sytec pressure regulator. Fuel pump is inside the tank.

IMG_3031.jpeg

IMG_3032.jpeg

Nice work
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:47 am

Bonjour Quebec

I'm no expert but I think if I was to go in the direction of FI and originality, I would probably look at an Emerald kit with these throttle bodies from Jenvey...(perhaps this is what you are planning?)

https://store.jenvey.co.uk/throttle-bod ... r-tdp40-48

Could you give us an update on the installation (assuming it arrives etc)?

HCA - very nice engine bay. I particularly like the tidy mounting of the relays.

Andrew
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:39 am

Thanks!

Jenvey have done a good job with the Weber clones. I saw three on an Aston Martin and thought how they look better in real life than in the photos.

As you can use the original airbox with them, coupled with a single line delivery from an in-tank pump really would suit the Elan well. And taking it further, because the distributer of the Elan is pretty well hidden under the carburettors, one could mount an EDIS module there and take the plug leads to the top as per standard and then have quite a tidy installation pleasing to the eye 8)
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quebec_Elan+2 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:00 pm

HCA wrote:Using Jenvey bodies, Bosch injectors and Sytec pressure regulator. Fuel pump is inside the tank.

IMG_3031.jpeg

IMG_3032.jpeg

Great pictures there, You went with which Throttle body size? Have your head been ported?
Quebec_Elan+2
New-tral

Next

Total Online: