Sprint air intake - Dellortos

PostPost by: Mrozik » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Hi
Before I restore back to the original air intake setup at significant expense I was wondering if someone can enlghten me why my Sprint was convered to filters on the carbs?
Thanks
Mrozik
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanman68 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Sounds like a case of DPO (Dubious Previous Owner) inflicted 'improvements'. Which the previous owner was entirely happy with and thought it was a great idea, no criticism, when it's your car do as you wish. Personally I think a cold air feed and containment of the Carb trumpets to contain any spit back or fuel stand off is a good idea, both achieved by the original air box and trunking design. That said the original design can be improved with a better flowing filter in the nose and a larger (deeper) air box to better feed no 4 cylinder which many who know more than me will state, with evidence, is worth a few more HP. I've done both of these on mine and until I sell it I'm the DCO (Dubious Current owner) so only have myself to please and have no intent of becoming the DPO any time soon :wink: .
Elanman68
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:29 pm

Any good for you:-
Attachments
thumbnail_New Airbox 001.jpg
thumbnail_New Airbox 001.jpg (81.91 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mrozik » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 am

Thanks for the feed back. I guess during the years I have also thought that the "improvement" I was making were a good idea. Sadly many of them weren't but at the same time, did no great damage :)
Mrozik
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: