Missing Elan throttle coupling

PostPost by: stebbs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:26 am

I have a 1969 S4 with Strombergs and am missing the coupling that the throttle cable and return spring attach to. Trying to find the part seems pretty impossible. Not sure what it is even called. Is there anyone out there that can help identify a dealer that could help with this? I guess I could attempt to make one myself but I'm not sure I have the tools to do so. Any help would be appreciated.
stebbs
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 am

Part number is 074L 0401 in the Dave Bean Catalog in the Stromberg section. Check with Ken at Dave Bean.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stebbs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Thanks, I'll give them a try
stebbs
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: stebbs » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Ken at Dave Bean was really helpful. He offered to make a new one for me. By the way, this was the part the accelerator cable attached to and not the zig zag coupling. My wife found the missing piece and that issue is solved but I will definitely order their catalog for future parts issues.
stebbs
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:31 pm

stebbs wrote:Ken at Dave Bean was really helpful. He offered to make a new one for me. By the way, this was the part the accelerator cable attached to and not the zig zag coupling. My wife found the missing piece and that issue is solved but I will definitely order their catalog for future parts issues.

I'm so glad he was able to help you.
Happy Lotusing!
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: