EFI and Throttle Body Choices

PostPost by: nwbaxter66 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 pm

The choice of Emerald ECUs and Jenvey throttle bodies seems to be a widely accepted choice across the forum.

I was wondering if any of our members had elected to use the Jenvey Heritage DCOE throttle bodies in their set ups?

While the initial price is significantly higher than the stock TBs, one is spared the expense of the injectors, fuel rail, TPS and a couple of other pieces; but they still appear to be 10-15% more expensive.

It might be worth it for cosmetic reasons, I know that this has driven many of my auto related purchases, but I would like to know if there are any technical downside before making the jump.

The pictures do look good, and you hardly notice the "jenvey" name on the top!

Thanks for any insight.
N
Nick Baxter
1970 Plus 2S (Federal)
1969 Plus 2 (UK) - sold
nwbaxter66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JohnCh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:54 pm

I've always found Karl and Dave at Emerald extremely helpful. They tune a lot of cars and may have some experience with the Heritage kit, so it might also be worth contacting them to see if they have an opinion.

-John
JohnCh
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nwbaxter66 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:02 pm

I have exchanged emails with Dave who was very helpful, it seems like a sound approach and not unique ( or cheap)
N
Nick Baxter
1970 Plus 2S (Federal)
1969 Plus 2 (UK) - sold
nwbaxter66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanman999 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 pm

The Heritage TBs were not an option when I bought my kit from Emerald. Provided they are as good as the normal Jenvey TB's they will be very reliable. I would take Dave's advice on this.
Cheers
John
elanman999
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:06 pm

And ive got an emeralded maped..food for thought
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: