Hello & Strombergs

PostPost by: oldelanman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:18 pm

661 wrote:Remember the stromberg engined cars have a different engine mount on the carb side to rasie them slightly. Could you have a weber mount??

Other way round I think.......Stromberg engines use the same (standard) mount both sides and Weber/Dellorto have a "special" mount to raise the carb side.
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 pm

oldelanman wrote:
661 wrote:Remember the stromberg engined cars have a different engine mount on the carb side to rasie them slightly. Could you have a weber mount??

Other way round I think.......Stromberg engines use the same (standard) mount both sides and Weber/Dellorto have a "special" mount to raise the carb side.

You may be correct.
I certainly recall the mounts being different to the weber mounts but it was 20 years ago that i put them on, so , forgive me!
It is, as you say to alter the angle of the engine slightly to allow carb clearance of the driver footwell. Given the Strombergs are deeper , I thought it was that way around, happily corrected.

Yes, noise testing at 8am. I'll be in the Black JPS Exige
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:21 am

Idle is lumpy, sounds great, especially with the straight through twin SE exhaust!

The Weber engined Elans had the high lift engine mount on the carb side and the normal mount on the exhaust side. The Stromberg elans and all Plus 2 used the normal engine mount both sides I beleive.

regards
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: