fuel leaks

PostPost by: mikefromengland » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:04 pm

im an owner of a +2s130.when i rub a finger under the carbs where the flexable o rings are the is a very small amount of fuel after a long run there are no leaks any where else and the car runs fine.is this normal i changed over from the thackery washers as these kept breaking.i now use the more modern method of rubber washers as on the later cars.under the carbs is dry it seems to be a bit wet under where the carb meets the manufold could it be leaking from the chokes.i might get blanking plates an get rid of them as i never use them kind regards for any help mike
mikefromengland
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:09 am

Yup, the fuel is probably leaking from the cold start units. I've sealed mine off with an internal plugs in place of the pistons and the blanking plates. There is no more fuel residue anywhere on the outside surfaces to show otherwise.
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mikefromengland » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:18 pm

thanks kieth for your help i think i will get some blanking plates just to be on the safe side regards mike
mikefromengland
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mikefromengland » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:43 pm

where can i get the blanking plates and plugs kieth
mikefromengland
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:00 pm

http://www.webcon.co.uk/
These folks are the main source for Weber related stuff in the UK. The plugs I made myself. They'll have the blanking plates though.

Now that I've got those cold start passages air/fuel-tight my mixture settings have changed noticably. Now have some slight popping on overuns that was not there before. Have to use my AFM and tweak the jetting again.
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: