Sprint Exhaust

PostPost by: types26/36 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:04 pm

Just been quoted ?175 to fit a s/steel rear exhaust box to my Sprint. :o
Comments please.........cheap? about right? expensive?
Brian
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:15 pm

Some people suggest sticking with mild steel for the silencer section because you are supposed to get less ringing and resonance. This was certainly Mick Millers' opinion. Susan Miller currently lists mild steel at ?70. Stainless is an unpriced option
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bronco » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:50 pm

Paul Matty does a steel silencer for ?89.81 and a Double 'S' Stainless Steel silencer for, wait for it, ?79.50. B)
You will have to pay for fitting or do it yourself.
I can't see the fitting costing ?100 though!!!!

My Sprint sounds okay with a Stainless steel exhaust. I understand S/Steel is noisier but it does sound good thru tunnels and they last for ages.

Bronco
bronco
New-tral

PostPost by: BenMcCarthy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:14 am

You could try London Stainless Steel Exhaust Centre (OKN: Quiksilver exhausts)
<a href='http://www.racecar.co.uk/quicksilverlotus/' target='_blank'>http://www.racecar.co.uk/quicksilverlotus/</a>

They supposedly do factory blueprinted exhausts for ?196+VAT on the Elan +2 with a 25 year guarantee and can discuss acoustics with you. The rear box is the bulk of that ?165 I think? As you're probably aware the fit is all important. I'm changing mine at the moment and my insurance company is using the Christopher Neil 'SS' for about the same aws the Paul Matty you mention

If you replace the whole thing the main thing to be aware as I'm sure you are of how low the car is. The exhaust sits up in the conduit and doesn't hang down. I think this may mean cutting or bending the Y-piece with some exhausts so Kwikfit aren't an option.
BenMcCarthy
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: