Lower Radiator Hose

PostPost by: fatal3rror » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 am

My first post is asking for help - what a start!

I got myself a Plus 2 last week and have been giving it a radiator flush and fresh antifreeze. I noticed that the lower radiator hose has some signs of cracking and would like to change it.

I know I can order it from Sue or Paul Matty, but is there an alternative that I can get from the local motor factor so as to get on with the job at hand?

Thanks
Gautam
fatal3rror
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Hello and Welcome... :D
Like you I looked for an alternative to the 'whirly' bottom hose a while ago and I couldn't find one so had to pay the £23 or so from SJS which I thought at the time was rather expensive for what it is. If anyone does know of an alternative source of this item I too would like to know?

Alan.
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:12 pm

fatal3rror wrote:My first post is asking for help - what a start!

I got myself a Plus 2 last week and have been giving it a radiator flush and fresh antifreeze. I noticed that the lower radiator hose has some signs of cracking and would like to change it.

I know I can order it from Sue or Paul Matty, but is there an alternative that I can get from the local motor factor so as to get on with the job at hand?

Thanks
Gautam

Not likely to be in local stock, but the lower hose from a 1972 Ford Taunus 2000 will fit after you shorten it.

Regards,
Dan
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fatal3rror » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Thanks guys, I have ordered one from Paul Matty. No point being impatient with it!
fatal3rror
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: