Coolexperts issue?

PostPost by: nthSteve » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:30 am

I kept in touch via email with Steve at Coolexperts UK while they were working on their thermostat housing/filler neck (similar to the earlier one from Clivey boy) and then had it in production. Finally about six weeks ago I asked for his suggestions for ordering one (and HP rad cap) for delivery to the States, and per his reply, I posted payment via PayPal with details and shipping address.

Having not heard or seen anything back after a couple weeks, I emailed again. Then again and again. Eventually he emailed back apologizing for the delay and asking me to confirm the shipping address, which I did. Weeks since then; I've emailed several more times and PM'd him here, and zilch.

Anyone with insight - or similar experience?

Thanks!
-Steve, SoCal, '72 Sprint DHC
formerly Lotus 47, Lotus Cortina
nthSteve
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: bitsobrits » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:07 am

I tried several times last fall to place an order online for the thermo housing, but was unable to do so due to issues with the checkout process. Tried many times to communicate with them about the website issues and to inquire about just ordering it via email but never received a reply. Fortunately I had not sent any payment yet. Not sure what their issues are, but clearly they have some.
Steve

Elan S1 1963-Bourne bodied
Elan S3 1967 FHC pre airflow

Formerly:
Elan S1 1964
Elan S3 1966 FHC pre airflow
Elan S3 1967 FHC airflow
Elan S4 1969 FHC
Europa S2 1970
Esprit S2 1979
bitsobrits
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:34 am

I ordered the termo housing a few months ago. Website blew up when I tried to use paypal, but worked OK when I tried again with a card. Housing arrived a few days later.

Surface finish was a bit rough, I gave it a light skim on the mill to clean up the gasket surface, probably an unnecessary step. The hole for the pipe to the recuperation bottle was drilled off centre, but I had planned to replace with a brass fitting anyway, so no issue for me there.
68 Elan S3 HSCC Roadsports spec
71 Elan Sprint (being restored)
32 Standard 12
Various modern stuff
Andy8421
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:41 am

Hi All ,

I was at Coolex last week ... & unfortunately Steve ( Mr Cool ) wasn`t there , as he is having to help a poorly family member at the moment ...

Please bear with them ... Alistair was very helpful in Steve`s absence ...

Paul .
S4SE Drophead , Sprint Drophead , Esprit V8 , 1978 Caterham Big Valve .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: saildrive2001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 pm

I ordered a new rad including temp sensor & fan from them by phone in Dec. Received it in about a week, exactly what I ordered.
Keith Marshall
69 S4 SE DHC RHD Original owner
saildrive2001
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 am

I ordered the thermostat housing with filler recently and there was a discrepancy in the billing, but when I inquired it was made right immediately.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nthSteve » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:55 pm

Update: I telephoned Coolex on Feb. 17 and spoke with Alastair. He was most helpful. He checked back and saw they'd finally sent an email noting that they needed a Street Address (I had given a PO Box but had noted several times that a street address was available if it would be better). But oops - they had emailed it to themselves rather than to me.
Anyway, I gave Alastair the street address verbally and via email. And lo and behold, the order (thermostat housing/filler neck and an HP rad cap) arrived today Feb. 19. Well done chaps.
-Steve, SoCal, '72 Sprint DHC
formerly Lotus 47, Lotus Cortina
nthSteve
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: