Red silicone hoses

PostPost by: scottswatches » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:04 pm

My new to me 1969 Plus 2 toy is being collected next week, and one of the first jobs will be to replace the rad. At the moment this is purely precautionary, but I want to do the job right, once.

I have contacted @coolexperts about the options, but one thing I really fancy is red silicone hoses to match the cam covers. I have searched the forums but the list is exhaustive and many of the threads are old with dead links. Does anyone have details of suppliers? Thanks
scottswatches
New-tral

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:56 pm

AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:58 pm

I have red silicone hoses, but I regret I do not recall where I bought them from. A general search of the Internet, rather than just this forum I expect.

Since I use a Ford thermostat housing with the outlet at the wrong angle, I had to buy a right-angle bend silicone tube and some straight tube and a piece of aluminium pipe to join the two, plus stainless jubilee clips to clamp the pipes on.

I did not buy the lower radiator tube as my black one is in good condition and I already have a spare black one, but I vaguely recall that one of the silicone pipe suppliers would create any shape that you wanted, as they build them up in layers on formers.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:52 pm

Try classic silicone hoses at coalville leics
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: