FILLER NECK / THERMOSTAT HOUSING COMBINED

PostPost by: stugilmour » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:13 pm

Thanks Mark. I think I see my confusion now.

The wide radiator I was trying to fit is a side tank design I got from Ray at RD. Picture below.

I am guessing your radiator started life looking more like the top & bottom tank model shown below? That might actually fit with the top nipple modified to point straight back.

I am presently using a locally recored narrow radiator and it appears to have enough capacity if I can get the leaks sorted.

Stu
Attachments
6CCB9E4E-7D72-4CBF-8B2B-C8FDE2C1C746.jpeg and
Picture showing Plus 2 Federal dual boosters and clearance to narrow style radiator
E3DC6270-18D2-4AEF-9EF1-D92438D98B66.jpeg and
Picture of a replacement Triumph Spitfire radiator with top & bottom tanks.
C93CD821-F843-4CBC-B8E7-F2804D02BA98.jpeg
26R style side tank wide radiator from RD Enterprises. Top nipple fouls front brake booster. Not easy to move inboard.
C93CD821-F843-4CBC-B8E7-F2804D02BA98.jpeg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 721 times
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:49 pm

Hi Stu,

My radiator is the just the standard wide radiator, with top tanks. Technically it's a spitfire radiator, with inlet and outlet rotated and the filler neck removed and blanked off.

The inlet is quite far in board on it so likely not far away from the narrow radiator inlet position, which I think had the inlet on the corner. So I think you could fit the wider radiator with out an issue.

The narrow radiator is just a later spitfire unit. I guess lotus switched to them as they were cheaper or more available than the wider radiator.

Mark
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: frankselans4 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:37 am

To Stu
Thanks for the advice regarding including the quote but how do I go about doing that
Regards
Frank
frankselans4
New-tral

PostPost by: stugilmour » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:26 pm

frankselans4 wrote:To Stu
Thanks for the advice regarding including the quote but how do I go about doing that
Regards
Frank

Just press the blue Quote button on the upper right of the post you wish to include. It will add a quoted copy of the selected post to the top of your “post a reply” window. Type your post below the quoted text and Bob’s your uncle, your post should look like this one.

The other forum option is to Private Message (PM) the member you are after. Not sure of the details, but I think you need to have made a minimum number of public posts (like four or five) before the PM system will work for you. Or perhaps just go to the Cool Experts web site to ask your important question directly I guess.

My new caps are in the mail now and hopefully that will solve my issue.

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: frankselans4 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:44 am

[quote][/quote]

G'day Steve

I was wondering if you still have the thermostat/filler housing available and if so what would the cost be now and how much to ship to Melb. Australia.
regards
Frank
frankselans4
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: