Temp capillary tube route

PostPost by: wobblyweb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:48 am

I have just had the temperature gauge repaired for my Sprint. Searching has turned up some photos of the route of the capillary tube.
Should it go through the bulkhead beside the chassis plate? ie same side as the sender. Where does it go behind the dash?
I guess there is only over the heater and behind the radio. Or should I route it through the engine bay and into the bulkhead behind the guage ?

Thanks

Rae
wobblyweb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 am

On my S4 there are two grommets (one above the other) just below the bonnet catch near the chassis plate . The capillary tube goes through one and the tubing for the windscreen washer goes through the other.
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 pm

This sketch is what I did when I converted the RHD coupe to LHD. Most of the holes are in the same location except the Speedometer cable and throttle cable. Anyway the Temperature capilary nut needs to be fed though the firewall so it is the second largest hole after the wiring harness.
Attachments
new S4 LHD firewall holes.jpg and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wobblyweb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Thank you for the help

I will now need to find a suitable route behind the dash.
wobblyweb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Hitus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi Rae,
Taking my sprint to pieces at the moment & in mine the capillary goes thro' the lower hole as Stuart mentioned, then wends its way beside the wiper rack (where it isn't too crowded) to the temp guage.
Neil.

How long is a piece of string? twice as long as half its length.
Hitus
New-tral

Total Online: