Lucas headlight flasher unit

PostPost by: kenny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:21 am

Hiya, after having completed the new loom in my project (1968 +2), I spent last night connecting all the lights, motors etc. up and with trepidation junked my 12volt transformer and hooked the battery up.........no fires so I was quite impressed :oops:

Anyway final piece of jigsaw is my headlight flasher unit.
I have the 2 black/red wires off loom in engine bay waiting for a flasher to unite them.

I have in my box of bits a Lucas FL5 12V 48W Unit with 3 connectors marked L B and P. I was going to use this but a friend has told me that I need the Lucas unit with only 2 spades on it...........he forgets the part designation number, Can anyone please advise me on the correct unit and I'll order it up.

Many Thanks,

Kenny
kenny
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:16 pm

Here is a headlight flasher unit that I purchased on eBay recently, but haven't yet installed. It's an after-market unit, made in the USA.

Gary
'71 Elan Sprint
Miami, Florida
Attachments
Flasher Unit.JPG and
Headlight Flasher Unit
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: kenny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Thanks for reply and photo. I'll check that one out.
Kenny
kenny
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:44 am

Hi

You want a modern (ish) Ford type flasher. Nice constant flashing regardless of engine speed. The one I used is a little way down this page. Click on the image for a bigger one. It has three connectors, and worked in my 68 +2 before migrating to my +2s.

http://www.searchsmart.co.uk/lotus/2006_jan_feb.htm

All the best

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: kenny » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Nice site Berni.....thanks. I've bookmarked that for future use.

Cheers,

Kenny
kenny
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: