Radiator electric fan

PostPost by: fatboyoz » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Ian,
As Elliot says, Davies Craig fans seem to be a good product. If you look at their website, you can see their products and where in the world they are available. I have two DCSL9 fitted to my 68 S4, which came from Lotus with the wider radiator. They are mounted on the front side and cover approximately 75% of the radiator. I run them via a relay and fuse with a thermal switch mounted in the top tank. The boss that the thermal switch is screwed into came from an old Saab radiator and is soldered into the top tank. Thermal switches can then be purchased, with varying high/low set points. I have an 82 degree cut in/77 degree cut out fitted into mine. I also have a three row core and an override switch for the fans. Have posted some photo's in an album (wide radiator fans) on the Yahoo Elan site.
Regards Colin.
fatboyoz
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: worzel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi

Not too bothered about "originality"?

Try a fan from the Citroen BX19 range. Very heavy duty, look as though they were designed for the elan, very poweful. About ?20 from a breaker.

You'll definitely need a relay though and some heavy wiring- don't do what I did and smell the switch melting (mine's manually controlled).

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Azureblue » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Many thanks for the replys.

I managed to get a replacement smiths motor from E bay and now just have to modify the original sprint fan mounting to make it wider to fit the s3 rad.

Ian
Azureblue
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: