New +2 owner with a few questions

PostPost by: stugilmour » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:16 am

Hi Paul. Welcome aboard from across the divide. Sounds like you are making great progress. Nice looking car.

I tried 175/70 tires on my Plus 2 and did not like them nearly as much as the stock size. As mentioned, Vredestein Sprint Plus from Coker are the way to go. I really like the Vredestein, no issues in rain or light snow, wear well, and work on an occasional track day; pretty amazing for $100 a corner. I run them without tubes on Minilites.

https://www.cokertire.com/165r13-vredestein-sprint.html

Rogers Pass after Vegas.jpg and

When checking the Coker web site, might want to look at the Canadian suppliers on the distributors page. I used the guy in Stony Plain and he shipped the tires to me on Greyhound, which was nice and easy. I see there is a listed distributor in Peachland that might be convenient for you?

https://www.cokertire.com/Distributors/List

A few years ago I looked all over for other Canadian or 'Will Ship to Canada' stock size suppliers in the US and came up dry. Coker is the easiest solution.

Another vote for Richard. He brings parts in from JAE, which is real convenient as he takes care of the brokerage. He also tries to keep expendable and common stuff on hand.

Did you go with the CV conversion? I used the RD kit Rob described, and it is great. The CV's are VW, so easy to source replacements, boots, etc. Really improves the car, and ditches the probably twisted output shafts.

For any interior stuff (headliner, seat skins, carpets, felts cut to size if needed) Sue Miller in the UK is the go to source. Can be a bit slow with email as she is just a cottage industry and labour of love, but a first rate source for the 'right' stuff.

http://www.mickmillerlotus.com/intro.html

HTH

Stu

PS Hey Randy, that link you posted put a big warning page up on my browser about phishing or some such, so I never went to the page; might want to approach with caution.

Sorry I missed you guys at ABFM this year. Still on for LOG35 in Colorado though.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lordflashart » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:18 am

Thanks for the tip about Coker.
I actually looked at their website and searched under car type. If didn't list anything for the elan, so I didn't dig any further.
I'll order a set of the Vreds in the morning.

Cheers

Paul
Lordflashart
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Son of a gun! Thanks for the tip on that Lotus Mistry site, Stu. I have gone to the site many times over the last couple months, and have spoken on the phone to Mr. Mistry. It appears to be a real deal, but now the webpage comes up as suspended. Hope they get their business stuff together.

Missed ABFM myself, Stu! :( But glad to hear you're going to Colorado. Which car will you take?

Randy

Oh, and . . . . not tell anyone how to do their business, but those of us in the lower mainland can have stuff shipped to a mailbox company in Blaine Washington and cross over to pick it up there. Which means we don't have to look for a willing broker/dealer/shipper, etc. Too long a drive for you folks in Calgary! :(
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: