Scam Warning

PostPost by: avro » Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:25 am

A fully overhauled Lotus Twin Cam cylinder head is currently listed on EBay and advertised as being available from Germany. A few days ago the same head was listed as being available in Italy
This particular Head was one that l had overhauled some time ago and had sold from the same site to a UK buyer.
The single picture being used in the current listing is one that l had taken when l originally sold this head and l still have a copy.
I had contacted EBay and they removed the listing but it has now reappeared. I will do so again but who knows which country the scammer will use to advertise it from next.

Nick Stagg
avro
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Sat Oct 12, 2024 11:49 am

Thanks for the head's up, Nick.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:22 pm

avro wrote:A fully overhauled Lotus Twin Cam cylinder head is currently listed on EBay and advertised as being available from Germany. A few days ago the same head was listed as being available in Italy
This particular Head was one that l had overhauled some time ago and had sold from the same site to a UK buyer.
The single picture being used in the current listing is one that l had taken when l originally sold this head and l still have a copy.
I had contacted EBay and they removed the listing but it has now reappeared. I will do so again but who knows which country the scammer will use to advertise it from next.

Nick Stagg

I saw that yesterday and knew it was a photo of one of your heads - I submitted a report to Ebay but never got a response from them.
Scammers are trying it on everywhere unfortunately.
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: sng » Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:35 pm

This is a great example of what is wrong with large internet companies and the law: -

The ebay item is obviously a scam as it encourages you to bypass all the eBay processes by contacting and paying for the goods directly with the vendor. This will be in contravention to eBay policies, this should make it a no brainer for eBay to remove the item and cancel the vendors account. eBay should have never allowed the entry in the first place and should remove it as soon as it is highlighted by an eBay user.

In my opinion eBay should be accountable for any fraud that occurs as they know the entry is a scam but have failed to act in a timely manner to remove it. Especially in this case as it plainly contravenes eBay policy so no ambiguity here.

A big thanks to all members who try to protect Lotus fans from scammers if only eBay played their part.
sng
New-tral

PostPost by: Donels » Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:34 pm

Ref eBay, do not purchase the following brake flaring tool from eBay as they’re made of ‘cheese’. The 1st one failed after four flares and the vender sent me another one FOC which failed on the first flare. He’s not replied to my request for a refund.

IMG_3284.jpeg and

IMG_3285.jpeg and
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: