Inoperable windows on Federal +2

PostPost by: Richardsona39 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:46 pm

I was driving the other day and both driver and passenger electric windows quit working simultaneously. Driver side (left) is stuck down, passenger side is stuck up. Everything else appears to be working - wipers, lights exterior and interior, hazards, heater fan, door puddle lights. There's no clicking sound when I press the window switches (as in, I can't hear relays clicking - the switches themselves obviously have a click in their action)

Fuses look OK, and I've jiggled them to make sure they're seated.

Under the dash there are several loose wires, but I'm not sure which are window-related. I've tried plugging a couple into the double-wide plastic receptacles that had open holes, but those didn't help. (And I'm a novice with car wiring so I don't want to cause a short or overload by plugging things in too randomly). Pics attached showing the various loose wires and open receptacles by the driver's side door, driver's side on the center console (that big wad of wires that always bulges out there), and by the passenger's side door.

When I got into the car the other day to drive it, I did push the carpet flap that often hangs down there up so it wasn't dangling, so I was wondering if I might have dislogded something then. But I can't figure out what, or if the problem is somewhere else.

Anyone have some thoughts on what might have gone awry?
Thanks!
Attachments
SCR-20241024-opjm.jpeg and
SCR-20241024-ooql.jpeg and
SCR-20241024-oldm.jpeg and
Richardsona39
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: