type de filetage

PostPost by: geni » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:48 pm

sur le démarreur ou sont relais les connecteurs électrique sont en filetage spéciaux (BA )je pense ,
Qui peu préciser la dimension (proche des 8m/m) J'ai un besoin de trouver les écrous si rattachant pour y connecter le câble électrique (relais -démarreur)
Merci d'apporter votre contribution
geni
geni
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:03 pm

Please will you post translations, no one wants to go away and have to translate everything you post.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LaikaTheDog » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:36 pm

On the starter where are relay the electrical connecters are in special thread (BA) I think,

Who can specify the dimension (close to 8m/m) I need to find the nuts so attaching to connect the electrical cable to them (relay - starter)

Thank you for your contribution

Geni
——————-
Geni would like to know what thread the starter motor posts are.
LaikaTheDog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: geni » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pm

sur le démarreur ou sont relais les connecteurs électriques sont en filetage spéciaux (BA )je pense ,
Qui peu préciser la dimension (proche des 8m/m) J'ai un besoin de trouver les écrous si rattachant pour y connecter le câble électrique (relais -démarreur)
Merci d'apporter votre contribution
geni

On the starter or relay the electrical connectors are special threads (BA) I think,
Who can specify the dimension (close to 8m/m) I need to find the nuts if attaching to connect the electrical cable (relay -starter)
Thanks for your input
geni
geni
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Slowtus » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:01 pm

elanfan1 wrote:Please will you post translations, no one wants to go away and have to translate everything you post.

I don't find it a problem, just translate as needed.
Slowtus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:21 pm

@elanfan1:

I spoke to Geni (Gérard) and he tells me that he has tried to pre-translate his posts into anglais, but they translate back into french as soon as he posts them!

Not everyone masters computer gremlins and/or English and I think we just need to be patient. French is not too tricky language to understand as it is one of the four or so languages that make up English as we know it today.

I will try to help Gérard as I have lots of weird nuts here in France.

Final point that is worth knowing is that since the brexit trade blockade started, there are real supply chain problems and extra costs.

So if you wish to buy just 2 nuts and get the specification wrong, the costs incurred are £1 for the nuts and £30 (don't even think about sending the nuts back...) twice over.
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:03 am

Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:51 am

Thanks for that very useful post Mr 661.

I have in fact found both the correct nuts and washers in my garage (in France) and will be posting these to Geni. I have taken them off an old Lucas solenoid that was on my MGB.

Andrew
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:20 am

Exactly,
Mgb etc use Moss Europe for generic parts.
For French speaking people there is Club Lotus France with many good Lotus people. I know many of them and they have good knowledge on classic Lotus.
I have lived in France for 31 years and speaking/writting French is no problem for me BUT this is an English speaking Forum.

Svp Geni seulement Anglais si tu veut bien sur la Forum. C'est pour toi de tire la max.
Nous sommes la pour t'aider
Amicalement
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:06 pm

Alan

I explained in my post above that Gérard has tried to do translations (see above...) but has had gremlins doing it. It is not through ill will.

I am posting the parts to him tomorrow.
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:17 am

bonjour Gerard,
to make life easier for you , for car parts you can use Moss Europe or Betaset. At Betaset they also have some secondhand parts.
AD also have some unc/unf screws,nuts, bolts + Taps/Dies.

I hope this helps you and maybe you can post a photo of your Elan.
Amicalement
Alan
Last edited by alan.barker on Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:46 pm

Partial quote="Frogelan"... I will try to help Gérard as I have lots of weird nuts here in France.

We have a lot of weird nuts right here on the forum. :wink:
Good luck Gerard!
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: