Lotus Elan

S4 Autosparks dash loom

PostPost by: cadwell » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:29 pm

I think I am pushing my luck here!
I have successfully wired up the front and rear looms but have a problem with the dash loom. I am colour blind so am relying on my wife to label cables for me but we cannot find where the indicator cables come out of the loom to be able to connect from the column. These are the Green/white and Green/red leads.
We can see them at both ends of the loom, but cannot locate where the steering column leads connect to them.
Am I being stupid here because it should be relatively simple surely?
Can anyone help me with this one?

Peter
cadwell
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Lotusian » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:33 am

Peter
I’m not sure I have correctly understood your question, as you say that you can see the relevant wires “at both ends of the loom“.
If in fact you cannot see them in the vicinity of the steering column, then you need to locate the two bunches of wires which come out of the dash loom pretty much together.
One of these bunches goes to the ignition switch, and the other to the column switches. I have indicated this bunch in the photo below, and you should find what you are looking for there.
Hope this helps.
Ian
Attachments
B52AE66A-0F6F-4E9C-997C-D387FDC89BEE.jpeg and
Lotusian
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: smo17003 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am

I also don't really understand the question. There is no "where", they just join the corresponding wires from the column switch via bullet connectors. This thread might help though. Good luck, I know what it's like to have eyesight problems.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=49717
Mike
1968 S4 FHC
smo17003
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cadwell » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:42 am

Thank you both for replying.
I am afraid that I now feel rather stupid. I had assumed tht the bunch of wires you mention Ian, connected to the rear loom, so I had not asked my wife to colour identify.
Now I see, both rear loom and dash loom go into the engine loom, and the bunch of wires in question are all that I need.
So simple when you get rid of preconceived ideas!
Many thanks to both for taking the time to assist me, I say it again, what a brilliant forum!
cadwell
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: