Relays (Again)

PostPost by: fattogatto » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:32 pm

I have a UK version 1967 S3 #6208. As we all know, the wiring will/may be a weird convolution of S2 and S3 wiring. Add to that a PO who was of the "slice & tape" philosophy when it came to modifying the electrics. That said . . . .

My car came (to me) with three relays. The two on the inner off-side fender for the Bright and Dim functions of the headlights. The other is a 3 pole round Lucas relay that was ty-wrapped to the steering column. This, I believe, is the turn indicator flasher. From my reading, I surmise there might have been a 2 pole round Lucas relay located on the inner fender the function of which was to flash the headlights when left up.

The car does not have the hazard warning light system (I guess it was not required in the UK in 1967). According to the wiring diagram that would also involve a 2 pole relay in conjunction with the Lucas Hazard Switch Kit SFB 360.

Is there anything I am missing when it comes to relays? I have replaced the fender-mounted relays for the lights with dedicated relays for both bright and dim functions. Ergo, is the 3 pole round Lucas relay attached to the steering column the only relay I need (given that I am not running a hazard system)?

Thanks,
Charlie Warner
Fatto Gatto Racing
fattogatto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Billmack » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:20 am

I'm thinking that's all you need.
Billmack
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: