too many switches Fed Plus 2 130

PostPost by: TomMull » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:18 pm

I took my dash out months ago and have been waiting for my new loom which has just arrived from Autosparks. This is the first of what perhaps might be a long list of dumb questions. Please bear with me.

When I removed the old harness I popped the rocker switches out and left them attached to the wires and the harness. With time passing and memory failing, I now find that I have 11 rockers attached to the old loom and only accommodation on the dash for 9. It appears that the wires attached to the two additional rockers are part of the original harness. Perhaps I've missed something but the diagram also seems to show only 9.

The switches have green wire that doubles from one switch to the next and a white wires with a tracers which are indistinct. One of the reasons I'm replacing the loom is that the color codes on the old one have pretty much faded away. Any ideas appreciated.

Tom
TomMull
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Foxie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 pm

I have two rocker switches on the footwell trim, under the dash, and adjacent to the steering column.

I think they might originally have been for the fog and driving spotlights.

:)
Attachments
IMG_1777.JPG and
68 Elan +2, 70 Elan +2s
Foxie
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TomMull » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:35 pm

Absolutely right Foxie. You've sparked my memory. I took that trim piece out long before I took the dash out. Apparently I must have tucked the switches out of the way somehow.
One small problem solved. There will be more, I'm sure.
Tom
TomMull
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: