Wiring loom supplier

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 am

Hi

I want to put a new a wiring loom to my plus 2 and S3. Can someone recommend me a good supplier? Is autosparks a good choice?

Regards

Diego
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:56 pm

They are probably the firm that makes them for all the usual suspects.
I bought an engine bay loom from Matty's and it was fine.
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi Diego, Ive just had one from there, you will probably need to order it as they appear to make them up as requested.
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:46 pm

For all the looms on 2 cars you should be able to negotiate a good discount from whoever you go to.
The dealers normally have stock.
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1owner69Elan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:40 pm

From my experience, as previously noted, Autosparks seems to supply the looms to most of the usual suppliers.

I tried to order directly from Autosparks (a little less expensive) but a long lead time (6 weeks or more IIRC). Finally ordered from Matty for a bit more (not a lot) who had them in stock.

The only thing I didn't sort out was that Autosparks allowed one to specify LHD or RHD. Being from the US I wanted a LHD drive one. But, Matty indicated there was no difference. So I went ahead and got the engine bay and dash looms for an S4 from Matty.

What I received worked fine on a LHD. Just kind of flipped it over (RHD to LHD) but maybe there are some mods, of which I am not aware, that make the difference between LHD and RHD. There were also some minor mods needed for a Federal version, but I expected that.
'69 Elan S4 SE
Street 181 BHP
Original owner
1owner69Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Tue May 01, 2018 7:32 am

I suggest you request flag connectors to be fitted the +2 dash loom.

I ended up having to change all of the Lucar connectors to flags as there is simply not enough room between the switches and heater to cram everything in.

Jon
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sat May 05, 2018 8:20 am

Hi

Agree with Jono re Flags I did my own loom for my +2 but measurements on the dash before I started suggested
flags are essential behind the switches. The old loom had bent both the standard fast-ons as well as the tags on the switches.

best of luck

Bob
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: