Plus 2S Fog Lamp Switch Housing, Help!

PostPost by: tr8bofin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 pm

The molded plastic piece that contains two rocker switches and the speedo reset is breaking up. Does anyone know if these are being reproduced?

This piece is attached to the bottom of the dash just above the driver's left thigh (LHD car). All related pieces forming the cowling around the dash on both sides have suffered similarly, but the shapes are less complex and can be made up. I'd be willing to purchase a kit containing all the items if the moldings are not available separately.

Kindly advise, and thanks very much in advance.

Albert
tr8bofin
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Albert,

You mean these?

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and- ... 0B0045.htm

They were braking up on mine too and I made some replacement bits out of sheet ali. A new set would be much better but weren't available at the time.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GLB » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 pm

I made and still have wooden molds to make the pieces in fiberglass. they fit my dash but no guarantee that they fit any other dash. PM me about them. Gary
GLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Donels » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:16 pm

I to made replacements from aluminium sheet. It's not too difficult if you have the broken originals as templates and they'll be a lot more rigid.
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tr8bofin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:53 pm

MBell, Yes exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I may not buy the kit right away because of the cost, but given the low lot run ogf items like these the price is fair.

Thanks to Donels and GLB also. The help is invaluable and I'll weigh buying the set against making my own.

Best, Albert
tr8bofin
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: