New BIGGER battery

PostPost by: Rob P » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:45 pm

billwill wrote:
Rob P wrote:Just for an update paul, since installing the Odyssey PC925 I had one occasion where the car sat for over three weeks without the engine turning and the battery still connected, when starting the car it cranked as if it had only been stood for a day and started easily.

Just one question on this subject which came to me after review the Photos again on here. I have two cables from the Earth side of the Battery, one going to the solenoid and one to a connector on the boot floor, is this normal as one of the pictures only seemed to have one connection to each terminal

? where does it connect to the solenoid ?

Well now the rain has stopped thought I'd take a better look and yes my mistake, (remembering this time that the Earth cable at the front is red due to a join in the boot which is a result of the polarity change I presume) this connects to the chassis at the front so therefore I have two earth connections to the Chassis, one in the boot and one in the engine bay, is this necessary?
I therefore would need to use any potential isolater on the Live feed wouldn't I
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:04 pm

The second earth connection from Boot to Engine compartment is not really necessary, but is sometimes put in by owners who dispair of getting a good connection to the chassis at the rear.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 pm

And that is exactly what i intend to do, an earth will come off from the startermotor mounting bolt and be feed directly to the battery.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi all,

Well Xmas came early this year, OK it was a birthday pressie..but I got my new PC1100 battery. Eventually it came from rally design after being messed around by others. I'm happy with it and when weather improves ill get it glassed in. I'm using Internet sourced 50mm2 cables. Just need to get a new starter solenoid so I'm looking at the style that has a push button on top. This lot should turn it over better.???
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Odyssey in!
img_12601.jpg and
img_12591.jpg and
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:54 am

Well and nicely done!

Even though it's covered, the racer in me would put a rubber boot over the positive terminal. Very nice battery box mount. I think I will copy yours.

Regards,
Dan Wise
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Aaron Smit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi Paul,

I recently changed mine on my ELAN, got it from http://www.filter-services.co.uk/automotive-consumables/ they didn't have what I needed in stock (I wasn't sure) but ordered it in for me
Aaron Smit
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: