Reverse lamp switch?

PostPost by: mr.vman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Need a reverse lamp switch (back up light switch on transmission) for the +2. As I understand, part #36M 6304 and 50F 6002 are no longer available or expensive. At least in the USA. I have the standard Lotus/Ford 4 speed transmission. Is there a cross refernce? Another switch that will fit? The threads are 3/8 inch NF (fine thread). RD tells me they are out of production. Dave Bean might have them at over $100+ maybe! No response from Sports Car World. Would be nice to have a source in the USA. The Elan Factory Australia lists the switch also. Perhaps the MG, Triumph or Mini switch will work, they look close. Thanks, Steve V. +2 is running and driving in Arizona
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 pm

mr.vman wrote:Need a reverse lamp switch (back up light switch on transmission) for the +2. As I understand, part #36M 6304 and 50F 6002 are no longer available or expensive. At least in the USA. I have the standard Lotus/Ford 4 speed transmission. Is there a cross refernce? Another switch that will fit? The threads are 3/8 inch NF (fine thread). RD tells me they are out of production. Dave Bean might have them at over $100+ maybe! No response from Sports Car World. Would be nice to have a source in the USA. The Elan Factory Australia lists the switch also. Perhaps the MG, Triumph or Mini switch will work, they look close. Thanks, Steve V. +2 is running and driving in Arizona

"at over $100+" :shock:

This shows other applications for the Lucas SMB458 reverse light switch:
http://www.autoelectricalspares.co.uk/l ... 1233-p.asp

HIH Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mr.vman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Was able to contact Sports Car World in Texas. They are off at Sebring with the Lotus F1 car they vintage race, that is what I was told on the phone. They have over 80 in stock! Price, $26.95 USD. No one to take order until Monday. Will order a switch Monday, will keep the site informed on this. Also told they will have their internet site up and running soon. Curious what the interchange is. Thanks, Steve V. In Arizona
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:26 am

Thanks for the update Steve. Let us know how it fits; at that price I think I will put a new one in the four speed in the shed.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 am

mr.vman wrote:Need a reverse lamp switch (back up light switch on transmission) for the +2. As I understand, part #36M 6304 and 50F 6002 are no longer available or expensive. At least in the USA. I have the standard Lotus/Ford 4 speed transmission. Is there a cross refernce? Another switch that will fit? The threads are 3/8 inch NF (fine thread). RD tells me they are out of production. Dave Bean might have them at over $100+ maybe! No response from Sports Car World. Would be nice to have a source in the USA. The Elan Factory Australia lists the switch also. Perhaps the MG, Triumph or Mini switch will work, they look close. Thanks, Steve V. +2 is running and driving in Arizona

I bought one from Rich Kamp at Kampena Motors in Sonoma, CA.
http://www.kampena.com/
He is not always in the shop during the day, so leave a message if he doesn't answer.

Regards,
Dan
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mr.vman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Sports Car World does have reverse lamps switches, they are shipping one, perhaps today? Will post if it is the correct part. Sports Car World also has a website up and going. Steve V. +2 running and driving in Arizona
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: