Electrical Bits

PostPost by: graham » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 am

Does anyone have a photo or can tell me where the electricl components, ie relays etc are located under the bonnet of a Dec 73 2s130/5.
Also the box of bits has a voltage regulator but I didnt think they were used when fitted with an alternator.
graham
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:21 am

Hi

I have attached a (tried to!!) picture from My Dec 73 +2S130 before I started the rebuild. The red relay on the right of picture is the horn relay close to the solenoid for the head lamp vacuum relay. I believe this is fairly standard ( though I know car was rebuilt by a PO in 1990). With an alternator I dont think a separate control box is required. The horn is in the front of the nose cone and the earth return for all the front electrics (Lights, etc) is on the right hand ( of picture ) front suspension turret fixing bolt.

HOpe this helps best of luck

PS I could not attach the picture I cannot compress it enough to get it on the site PM if you would like a copy of it

Bob
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:17 am

Hi. The voltage control box isn't required on that model - the same as mine. As mentioned above there's a red relay for the horn, but mine was missing so I bought some suitably rated units and a nice little mounting plate with a cover from ebay. These'll do the horn, the headlights and the kenlowe fans that I've put in to replace the original fan.

Regards.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 pm

bob_rich wrote:
PS I could not attach the picture I cannot compress it enough to get it on the site PM if you would like a copy of it

Bob

Resizing images is a snap with a freeware app like Irfanview. Just download and install. Then open the image with the app, click view, click re-size/re-sample, chose your parameters, save the new image (under a new name if you want to keep the original as well), and Bob's yer . . . um . . . name?

:D
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi All

followed summerimmaine and tried resizing with irfanview. Think it works OK good enough for the post
thanks 4 that --not just car info on this site!!

cheers

bob
Attachments
DSCF0393a.jpg and
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: graham » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for the replies guys and Bob for the photo a picture tells a thousand words.
Can progress a little further and the boxes are getting emptier.
What a great site this is and to everyone who is prepared to share their knowledge Much appreciated.

Graham
graham
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Glad it all worked out.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: