1969 +2 column switch wiring

PostPost by: grahammay2 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Hello folks

I am still trying to work out whats what! after 4 months ownership.

My diagram has 9 cables in total, my switch has 10 cables, white would seem to be an extra cable.

Also what I am trying to solve is :- when I turn on head lamps or use flasher switch the indicators stop
working.

My wiring dia. omits spot lamps.
The dash has an extra toggle switch between speedo & air vent.

Can anyone enlighten me with any aspects, is there a correct on line diagram know?
Graham
grahammay2
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: ncm » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:49 am

Graham, assuming that you have the single column stalk the white cable will not be connected to anything as this was powerfeed to the flash function in the original application which is not used on the +2. If by turn on headlamps you mean selecting main beam, then I would suggest that you have probably got a broken connection/wire on the switch as selecting either main beam or flash moves the whole switch and the wiring(iirc).
Wiring diag. in the manual shows 8 wires..3for indicators, 3 for lights & 2 for horn.Has a p.o.taken a feed for the non-original spots from the column switch??(assuming that is what the extra toggle is for..)

Brian
ncm
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: grahammay2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks for your reply Brian.

By headlamps I did in fact mean both dip & main beams.
Having looked more closely the extra toggle would look to be for the heated rear screen.

ncm wrote:Graham, assuming that you have the single column stalk the white cable will not be connected to anything as this was powerfeed to the flash function in the original application which is not used on the +2. If by turn on headlamps you mean selecting main beam, then I would suggest that you have probably got a broken connection/wire on the switch as selecting either main beam or flash moves the whole switch and the wiring(iirc).
Wiring diag. in the manual shows 8 wires..3for indicators, 3 for lights & 2 for horn.Has a p.o.taken a feed for the non-original spots from the column switch??(assuming that is what the extra toggle is for..)

Brian
grahammay2
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: