wiring diagram 72+2S

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Sat May 24, 2008 7:37 am

Hi all,
Has anyone got a pdf wiring diagram of a UK 72 +2S that I could down load please?
After carefully labelling each wire, when I removed the dash, I now have partially working instrument lamps, and a clock that only works when the interior light is switched on. I am certain this is an earth problem. The only circuit diagram I have is for a 1970 model, and wire colours are not the same. And as most of the employees at Lotus at that time were colour blind, I don't think this makes much difference!
Any help greatfully received
Regards Jeff
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sat May 24, 2008 7:22 pm

I've attached a .tif file of the wiring diagrams from the +2 manual. I've renamed it to a .doc so that the forum would allow me to upload it - rename to a .tif to open. Hope it helps.

Sean.
Attachments
wiring.doc
Tif file of the wiring for the +2
(916.6 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Sat May 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks Sean,
Unfortunately the encoding from tif to Doc has screwed it up and it's just ASCII.
Thanks for trying though.

Regards
Jeff
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Sat May 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi Sean,
Sorry I am a muppet.
Even though I renamed the file, I forgot to tell windows to open with an image viewer. Works fine.
Thanks for that.
Regards
Jeff
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sat May 24, 2008 9:47 pm

My pleasure. I notice that in the first two slides the model has been cut off. I've had a quick look in the original paper version and it just says Elan +2, which I presume means it's the non federal version.

The wiring is one of the next jobs that I have to get on with. It's a bit daunting as nothing at all is fitted at the moment. I guess I'll just start at one end of the car and work my way to the other, with the dash going in last...

All the best.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: