Anti-Theft Switch

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:43 pm

The anti-theft switch in the glove box has had the two white cables linked by a piece of wire soldered between the contacts - thus rendering it inoperative. Looking at the S4 wiring diagram it is clear what the switch did in make/break link between the ignition switch and coil, but what did the link do between the horn and earth/ground?

I have no real intention of using this switch as I normally use the battery master switch as security, therefore, I plan to make the whites a permanent connection, but am confused what to do with the purple/black and black cables.

All advice appreciated.

Brian Clarke
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:04 pm

PB goes to the horns and the horn switch.

B goes to earth bobbin.

The whites go to the fuse block and ignition switch 2.

David
68 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:29 pm

In the 'running' position, the switch connects the ignition switch to the coil feed.

In the anti-theft position, it connects the ignition switch to the horn - it'll make you jump if it works properly and you try to start the car :!: :shock:

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: dlbarnes1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:47 am

In the anti-theft position, the horn circuit is grounded the same as if the horn button is pushed. So, when the ignition switch is turned the horn will be energized since the 12V supply to the horn circuit is thru the ignition switch (accessories position).

Dave, 72 Sprint DHC
dlbarnes1
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: