Where To Fit Outside Temp Gauge?

PostPost by: ed_vh » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:55 pm

Hi,

I have managed to aquire the original ambient temperature guage missing from my Elan +2. Does anybody know where the long tube from the sensor to the gauge should be fitted and where the sensor should be positioned in teh car?

Thanks

Ed
ed_vh
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:32 pm

Ed,
If you are talking about the water temp. gauge, I thought all +2's were fitted with electric gauges and not the capillary tube, if you are talking about ambient air temp, I did'nt know they were fitted.
Brian.
64Elan/72Sprint/J.P.S.Europa
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:46 am

The ambient temperature sensor on my 1973 Plus 2S 130/5 is mounted in the nose. The sensor bulb is pushed into a small circular loop of sheet metal bolted to the front side of the air cleaner body btween the air cleaner and the wire grill. This is the original location as far as I am aware.

The capillary tube runs down the left side of the engine bay with the rest of the wiring loom to the nose of the car.

My plus 2 lives at my holiday house a couple of hours down the coast, so I am doing this from memory

Rohan
In God I trust.... All others please bring data
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ElandaMan » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:27 pm

The ' bulb' on mine is also mounted in the nose and is fitted onto the vallance using a similar metal clamp about an inch long but 5 inches back from the nose grill opening. Fitted inside nose of course.
Del S130
ElandaMan
New-tral

Total Online: