Internal Switch Logic

PostPost by: rdssdi » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:11 pm

I have located a source for new rocker switches. I need to replace all the rocker switches on my 1969 Elan +2. Does anyone have the internal "switch logic" for the +2? The wiring diagram in the workshop manual is of no help. Thanks
Bob
1969 Elan +2
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:51 pm

Bob, that's great news on the switches. Are you saying these are not complete switches? Or are these generics that'll be made to work? Any pics on what the new ones look like?

Greg Z
'72 Sprint in need of new switches for aesthetic purpose.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:22 pm

The switches are "generic, as were the original switches. There is a very slight difference in the width as well as the bracket to rocker height. On the new switchgear the "pivot rivet" is slightly proud of the rocker paddle width. On the originals this was recessed slightly. The bracket to rocker height is smaller. On the +2 there is a wooden "spacer" glued to the rear of the dash. It appears that if this were removed the rocker paddle would position properly. What I require now is the internal logic so I may order the new switches. I would be happy to send a set to anyone who can supply this information.
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jopalm » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:22 pm

Do these replacement switches include a "progressive" switch (off-on-on) for things like the lights and heater fan?

In the past while searching out switches, I cold usually find some that were good physical and aesthetic matches, but most double-throw or three position switches were off in the middle (on-off-on) (Roughly akin to the window switches, but not momentary in action...)

In fact that brings up another good point, do your replacements include a momentary double-throw for the windows?

If you've located suitable replacements for all of the above, I'm sure many of us would be very interested in your source(s)

Regards,
-John
'69 Lotus Elan S4 DHC 45/8290
jopalm
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:44 am

All functions can be ordererd. That is why I need the specific switch logic. Momentay on etc. is available.
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: