2000e reverse block

PostPost by: l10tus » Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:40 pm

Whilst just assembling my gear lever turret into my rebuilt 2000e gearbox, I noticed the reverse gear block "pivot peg" is located into the hole in the turret casting and appears to be held in position with a "roll/ or "bissel pin" , which I do not have!

I've tried the normal suspects trying to acquire one, but no-one seems to know what I mean
( I can't believe we are down to that level of lack of knowledge already - shame! )

Comes to mind it's just a engineering roll pin so I could probably source one from flea bay or similar.

Question is, does anyone know the dimensions of the pin or otherwise, that I require? - (otherwise I suppose I'll have to get the HSS drills out and find the nearest sized one to fit, in the pin, hole?)

Cheers,
Phil.
Philip.

UK '72 Sprint DHC

Sometimes my Lotus makes me cry.
l10tus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tonyabacus » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:18 pm

Phil
Not totally sure what you mean so can you take a photo and perhaps indicate where the pin is. If you find out the size of the roll pin, let me know as I have a box full of various sizes and will happily send you one if I have the correct dimensions
Tony
tonyabacus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gus » Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:42 pm

If it is just a expanding roll pin measure the hole and buy the pin designed for that hole. IOW a 1/8 roll pin is going to measure quite a bit larger than that
gus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: