Spyder Drive shaft Bolt sizes

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:09 am

Does anyone know the part numbers (or have a set to measure) for the AN bolts on the Spyder CV drive shafts.
I am missing the bolts and Spyder are not replying to my emails.
Spyder only quote general sizes on there website, so before I start stripping the car down to measure up can anyone help.
The bolts through the rotorflexs I size as AN7-27. But trying to measure the other parts on the car are giving me discrepancy's.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:03 pm

Hi

Do you mean the ones that come as part of the Spyder conversion using the 7" Cosworth/Granada style differential? If so I can measure mine, I did one side today, and have the other side to fit still.....

Thanks

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:39 am

Hi Berni
Its their CV Drive shaft conversion for a standard Elan that retains one Rotoflex.
I can only see mention of one drive shaft conversion kit on their website.
Spyder quote
6 Shear bolts, plated 7/16″ UNF x 3.2″ long x 2.5″ shank c/w washers, table 3 heavy pattern and Nyloc nuts, T-type.
6 Shear bolts, plated 7/16″ UNF x 3″ long x 2.2″ shank c/w washers, table 3 heavy pattern and Nyloc nuts, T-type.
6 Shear bolts, plated 7/16″ UNF x 1.8″ long x 1.0″ shank c/w washers, table 3 heavy pattern and Nyloc nuts, T-type
I am trying to figure if I go up or down a size as AN shank lengths fall either side of the general quoted lengths.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: